We have several key initiatives at Manurewa South School.
- Fruit is available in school every day
- Milk in schools – 2 x a week
- Kids Can – We are a kids Can school so if you require a lunch for your child, please see the office.
- We are a Duffy Books school and all students get books every term
- SKIDs – Before & after school care and holiday programme
- Karate (Tues)
The school is broken up into whanau houses which is an atawhai concept of community which encourages leadership opportunities for our older students and peer support for our younger students. Your child will be placed into one of the following whanau houses upon enrolment:
Totara – White
Tawa – Green
Kowhai – Yellow
Puriri – Blue
Houses are used for sports days and assemblies – students are encouraged to come along in their house colours at school sports events. Points are earned each term and these a keenly sought as there are celebrations for the winning house. Celebrations are usually free swimming or a pizza day to acknowledge the winners. There is a cup given out to the winning whanau house at the end of the year.